Student Drop Off and Pick Up
To make dropping off and picking up your students more efficient and secure, we have the following policy in place:
Late Student Drop Off
If you are dropping off your child after school begins, please bring them to the front entrance of Eaton RESA. You will need to sign in your child for the day and walk them down to their classroom.
Early Student Pick Up
If you need to pick up your child early, please send a note to the classroom teacher and come to the front entrance of Eaton RESA, where you will need to sign out your child for the remainder of the day.
Medications at School
In order for your child to take any medication (prescription and non-prescription) at school, a medication form is required. If your child requires prescription medication (asthma inhaler, epi-pen, insulin) your physician must complete a portion of the form. For over the counter medications only a parent's permission is required
For more information for questions, please contact Deniece Kellogg, the school nurse, at 517.541.8757 or via email at email@example.com.
Enrollment Procedure for Meadowview School and Classroom Assignment
Meadowview School serves students identified with moderate to severe Cognitive Impairments (CI), Severe Multiple Impairments (SXI), and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) from school districts throughout Eaton County. Students with Meadowview School range in age from 2.5 years through 26 years.
Any student residing within one of the Eaton RESA School Districts may be referred for services at Meadowview School by the local school district or the Eaton RESA Pre-Primary Evaluation Team. If a local district is considering a more restrictive Meadowview placement, the following steps need to be taken:
- Contact the Meadowview Principal to begin a thoughtful discussion and process for the student and their family.
- Send copies of recent evaluations and current Individual Educational Plan (IEP) to the Principal for review.
- Meadowview staff will observe the student in the LEA setting.
- Meadowview staff may offer suggestions to try prior to making a change in placement.
- LEA will arrange for parent(s) to visit Meadowview Program prior to the IEP meeting.
- An IEP meeting will be scheduled by the district. Meadowview Principal, teacher and ancillary staff will be invited.
- The current SE teacher will draft an IEP in collaboration with the potential receiving Meadowview teacher.
- Specific teacher assignment is determined by the Meadowview Principal with input from staff and parents.
- Annual IEPs for each student is completed. Parents, staff and student (if appropriate) work together to plan a program of goals and objectives for the student. School placement is discussed at each IEP meeting with the goal of placing students in the least restrictive environment with proper supports.